Another great part of summer besides the weather is the beauty products. New shadow colors to try, and lipsticks too. And it’s time to buy some bronzer for that sunkissed glow.
Recently I’ve started purchasing some better brand make up… but I still feel the same about make up as I do about clothes. Mix and match. In my mind, it’s more than ok to have some really good, department store make up, and some drugstore make up. If you absolutely can’t find a more favorite mascara than the $5 tube from that trusty neighborhood drugstore, by all means, save your dollars. (Personally, I was always very loyal to my $5 tube, but have decided to branch out and expand my mascara horizons). Needless to say, higher end brands can get expensive, but a lot of the time quality DOES tend to be just a little better. Especially in skincare.
So, treat yourself to some great product in pretty packaging. (We all know that’s half the reason we buy it in the first place). :D
1. Eyeshadow palette #705 by Dior (No longer available), but this one’s similar. Their shadows are mesmerizing and are really fun to mix and match. They also go on super smooth and last forever.
2. Estee Lauder eyeshadow single in “Amber Smoke”. I actually use this shimmery bronze color as liner. If you have brown eyes it really makes them stand out.
3. This new Tarte blush in “Tipsy” is actually much more orange than the pic makes it look. It lasts 12 hours, so perfect for a peachy, pinched cheeks glow all day long.
4. Bronzer. Of course summer calls for bronzer! (#022) This one by Rimmel London is great because it’s hypoallergenic and it smells like flowers.
5. Lancome Defincils. LOVE this mascara. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between mascaras, but this one will always be a fave. It makes your lashes miles long.
6. Dior Rouge lipstick in “Andalouise” (#435). This lipstick is also much more orange in real life. But it definitely brightens up the face instantly and lasts forever.
7. Perfume. The last part of your make up routine, right? I kept smelling this Victoria’s Secret fragrance “Love is Heavenly” whenever I walked by the store and seriously thought, ‘that smells heavenly’ before I even knew the name. Needless to say, I had to have it. There are notes of mandarin flower, water lily, and musk.